"There's nothing half so real as the things
you've done ... inexorably, unalterably done."
People tell me that that what they valued most about our work is that they:
- Overcame what held them back.
- Developed clear options, strategies and action plans.
- Brought out the best in themselves and the people they love.
- Changed their lives for the better.
- Achieved more than they thought possible.
I have a variety of professional and personal experiences that mark me as a unique expert.
Dr. Leichtling is the author of:
- How to Stop Bullies in Their Tracks.
- Bullies Below the Radar: How to Wise Up, Stand Up and Stay Up.
- Eliminate the High Cost of Low Attitudes
- Over 200 of my articles have appeared in business, trade and psychotherapy publications across the country.
- My expertise has been featured in publications such as Entrepreneur, USA Weekend and Harvard Management Update.
- Knowledge TV highlighted me on a leadership segment of “You, Inc.”
- I’m a columnist for Denver Business Journal.
I learned most of what I know and developed my skills in the heat of the moment—through trial and course-correction when the chips were down. Of course I learned from books and courses. But you get the most by modeling great people and by putting your body into real life. You learn a lot about how to live a glorious life when you have three girls and three boys in a stepfamily and live in a home with one bathroom—and no lock. We did!
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Northwestern University in 1966
- Directed bio-medical research laboratories for 21 years at universities and teaching hospitals such as:
- the State University of New York, Stony Brook.
- the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
- the National Jewish Hospital and Research Center.
- Faculty and research staff positions in Departments of Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Pediatrics.
- Co-authored over 30 scientific papers and book chapters on the control of gene expression.
- Awarded grants and contracts from the American Cancer Society, the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.
Since 1985, I have been:
- A practicing psychotherapist.
- President of Leichtling and Associates, LLC, specializing in customized coaching, consulting and presenting.
- Business clients include:
- Accurate Engisurv.
- Arapahoe Library District.
- the American Council of Engineering Companies.
- the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Great-West Life.
- Matrix Bancorp.
- the National Association of Home and Hospice Care.
- Pueblo City and County Library District.
- Quorum Hotels and Resorts/The Brown Palace Hotel.
- Shea Homes.
Take charge of your future by taking charge of your mood, energy, attitudes and action.
In 1988, I had two heart attacks within six months.
- Rather than agreeing to recommended quadruple bypass surgery, I developed my own “Handbook For Creating Your Heart’s Desire.”
- Within a year of that unconventional choice, I was free of physical damage and have been fine since then.
My most powerful testimonial!
- With my wife of 35 years, we raised six children in a stepfamily.
- Although the children are now grown and independent, they still speak to us.
- Three of the children and their families live within walking distance.
Want to see what
people have to say about Ben's programs?
Use Ben's wisdom, practical solutions
and energy to catalyze your growth.
Contact Ben to:
what you need to reach the next level
presentations, workshops, individual and team coaching